The 10 Best Dressed Women At Sona 2023
As always there has to be the best and worst dressed of the star-studded SONA 2023 night. Here’s the good part of the SONA 2023 red carpet. You must explore the article further to learn about all the details and information around the same. Follow us around for all the insights and fresh updates at the PKB News.
Best Dressed Sona 2023
Every year, South Africans watch in anticipation to see what fashion looks Members of Parliament will wear to the yearly State of the Nation Address (SONA). However, this year was no different but the red carpet at the Cape Town Hall was definitely disappointing. On July 24, 2023, President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. marks his second delivery of the State of the Nation Address (SONA). The members of the Congress and guests were assembled at the Batasang Pambansa Complex to hear the annual address. The event featured creations from Filipino designers, and the complex’s halls were brimmed with classic takes on national wear, meanwhile, others learned into brighter palettes, with florals as one of the mainstays of the event. Read below for the best looks we’ve captured of the evening.
Scroll down to know about the Preview’s choice best-dressed list at the SONA 2023:
1. Heart Evangelista – After donning an Ivaarluski Aserson jumpsuit for the opening ceremonies of the Philippine Senate, Heart Evangelista slipped on an alternate take on the Fikipiniana for the main address. However, alongside Mini Hermes Kelly, she changed into a gown by Michael Levya with geometric patterns on it and embellished with pearls and crystals in deep details. As per her stylist, Iza Sim, the dress took a time span of 3 months to build.
2. Audrey Tan Zubiri – The wife of Senate President Miguel Zubiri, Audrey Zubiri opted for a second floral look for the night. She was recruited by the help of her friend Rajo Laurel, who was dressed in an off-shouldered floral creation, by having floral patterns all around. To complete the look, she held onto shell-inspired clutches from the local brand Beatriz.
3. Sen Risa Hontiveros – Sen Risa’s ensemble for this year was once again courtesy of Joel Acebuche. The designer went on a classic saya look, with crafting from pina fabric which was layered over a traditional baro, and hand-made by women weavers of Lumban. She topped it off with a tikog bag crafted in Samar, which gave a perfect finish to the look.
4. Marga Nograles – The Preview’s Best Dressed 2022 awardee Marga Nograles pulled all the sartorial stops for this year’s look for the second time as she wore Puey Quinones for her modern Filipiniana. The dress was filled with hues of red, purple, and green which seemed like tropical flowers that take over its silhouette, she added an extra dose of shine with jewelry from Erica Concepcion Reyes.
5. Milen Gonzalez – The wife of Marino party-list representative Sandro Gonzalez, Milen Gonzalez outfitted in a cream-toned Vania Romoff terno, glamourously accessorized with Tessera jewelry and a clutch by Neil Felipp.
6. Jaja Chiongbian Rama – She featured a lattice-like corset that played the textures in its bodice. She completed the look with a shell-crafted minaudiere in the SONA halls handmade by Lebios Crafts.
7. Cong Lenaa Lonte – She opted for a long French lace and white tassels draped seamlessly that artfully spilled onto the form in a short train.
8. Tootsy Angara – She is a regular on many best-dressed lists for SONA and it is not a surprise. She took subdued grey and subtle yellow florals. Putting a fresh spin to the things was a bundle of yellow tule, which peeked at the side of the youthful dress.
9. KalaadKaren – The Preview June 2023 cover girl KaladKaren knows how to work a sweet purple outfit. Her pretty outfit was built by the hands of Martin Bautista who added a subtle leg slit to give a festive feel.
10. Dr. Kathy Gorriceta, whose look was the prime example. She opted for a golden sheen look for the evening which was detailed by delicately placed butterfly charms.
Thank you for being a patient reader. Comment below your favorite look from the evening.