Vaibhav Raj Gupta Wiki, Height, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
Vaibhav Raj Gupta is an Indian actor who is known for the web series ‘Gullak’ in which he played the role of Anand Mishra.
Vaibhav Raj Gupta was born on Saturday, 19 January 1991 (age 31 years; as of 2022) in Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He did his schooling at Sacred Heart Inter College, Sitapur and Sumitra Inter College, Sitapur. He studied bachelor’s of journalism and mass communication at the School of Broadcasting and Communication, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 40″, Waist 32″, Biceps 12″
Parents & Siblings
Vaibhav’s father’s name is Neeraj Gupta, and his mother’s name is Kshama Gupta.
He has a younger brother Amrit Raj Gupta, who is an actor.
Wife & Children
According to Vaibhav’s Facebook profile, he is a widower, but the name of his wife is not known.
In 2017, he made a debut with the Bollywood film ‘Noor.’
In 2018, he appeared in the film ‘Ascharyachakit.’
In 2014, he directed an anthology film ‘Shuruaat Ka Interval.’
In 2013, he made his debut with the short film ‘Sirf Khuli Khidki.’
She appeared in other short films Scraggy Mutt (2016), Khajaou (2016), Arranged: Arranging A What? (2016), Jitters (2017), and Ayan (2018).
He made his television debut in 2015 with the show Stories by Rabindranath Tagore and appeared in the episode Dhaai Aakhar Prem Ka.
He appeared in the television shows Strugglers (2016), Inside Edge (2017), Life Sahi Hai (2018), Mai (2022), and Good Bad Girl (2022).
He won the best actor in a supporting role for the web series ‘Gullak 2’ at Filmfare OTT Awards in 2021.
He owns a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.
Actor(s): Irrfan Khan, Manoj Bajpayee, Denzel Washington
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- His hobbies include travelling and photography.
- Vaibhav was born in a family where art was practised in his family. His grandfather was a famous painter in Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh. When Vaibhav was a child, he was more interested in extracurricular activities than studies.
- He started his modelling career in 2007 in his hometown after participating in the Mr Sitapur competition. He wanted to pursue modelling, but his father wanted him to study CA from Lucknow. He decided to pursue modelling and came to Mumbai and joined a theatre. His first play in Mumbai was Agni Aur Barkha.
- In an interview, he said that to earn money after coming to Mumbai, he gave interviews to work in a call centre, but did not get selected. Later, he started working at a railway station and distributed pamphlets for an NGO named ‘Greenpeace.’ He worked there for six months and earned Rs. 8000 per month.
- In 2009, he joined the theatre and practised there for seven years. He also performed mimes all over India.
- In 2018, he started a community of indie cinema that shares their short films with each other, Aabobo along with filmmaker Devashish Makhija.
- In an interview, he talked about his experience of working on short films and said,
I have a special connection with the short film. I started my career with short films. It’s the best medium to express your creativity. The subject of Emotion is close to my heart as an actor. It’s a 13-minute solo act in which an actor goes through the series of auditions.”
- In 2021, he received recognition with season 2 of the web series ‘Gullak.’ In an interview, he talked about this and said,
Gullak changed my life and career. While the first season didn’t [create an impact] because the show didn’t have big faces, the fever caught on after the second edition. It took three seasons for people to recognise me as an actor.”
- In an interview, he said that in 2018, a casting director called him ‘Thanda actor.’
- He has a tattoo inked on his right hand.