Sunitha Upadrashta is a Telugu film singer, presenter, TV personality and dubbing artist from India. She is recognized as the “Queen of Melody” in South Indian films and has received several important honors throughout her career.
|Birth name||Sunitha Upadrast|
|Nickname||Sunitha, singer Sunitha|
|date of birth||May 10, 1978|
|Birth place||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Age||44 years old|
|Profession||Singer, voice artist, television presenter|
|Mother’s name||Sumathi Upadrastha|
|Boy||Ram Krishna Veerapaneni|
|Name of husband/fiancé||Ex-Husband: Kiran Kumar Goparaju Fiance: Ram Krishna Veerapaneni|
|children||Son: Aakash Goparaju Daughter: Shreya Goparaju|
|Height (approximate)||5′ 6″|
|Weight (approximate)||67 kg|
|Netto value||5 million dollars|
Sunitha Upadrashta Biography
Sunitha, or Sunitha Upadrashta, is a famous Telugu film singer, presenter, actress and dubbing artist. She was born in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India on Wednesday, May 10, 1978. She was born into a musical family. Her parents, Upadrasta Narasimha Rao and Sumathi, are well-known musicians in Vijayawada and Guntur. Sunitha began her musical studies at the age of six with Pemaraju Surya Rao in Carnatic Vocal. She then took training in light music from Kalag Krishna Mohan. In her youth, she got several opportunities to participate and perform at concerts and events.
She has also participated in famous shows broadcast on All India Radio. She participated in the Tyagaraja Aradhana Utsavala with her teacher Pemmaraju Surya Rao when she was 13 years old.
Sunitha Upadrashta Age, Height, Weight
Sunitha Upadrashta is 44 years old as of 2023. She is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs around 67 kg. She has beautiful long black hair as well as brilliant black eyes like stars. She had no tattoos on her body.
Sunitha started her career as a playback singer at the age of 17 when she sang “Ee Vela Lo Neevu”, a composition by Sri Sasi Preetham written by Sirivennela Sitaramasastri. Gulabi was her first Telugu film. She performed songs in Tamil, Telugu and Kannada.
Sunitha has dubbed for Jyothika, Anushka, Bhoomika, Charmi, Laila, Meera Jasmine, Soundarya, Sonali Bendre, Richa Gangopadhyay, Raasi, Shriya, Genelia, Sneha, Sada, Katrina Kaif, Ileana, Tamannaah, Trisha, Kamilini Mukherji, Nayanthara, and others . Sunitha presented various Gemini devotional shows including Navaragam, Jhummandi Nadam, Sapta Swarala and Paaduta Teeyaga.
Since the fourth season of Maa TV’s singing reality program Super Singer, she has worked as a judge. She is now presenting a singing talent competition called SaReGaMaPa Lil Champs on Zee Telugu.
Achievements and awards
- Best Female Dubbing in 2012 (Voice of Nayantara)
- “Mamathala Kovela” won the award for the best TV movie in 2011. The best female singer in 2010 for the movie “Anthahpuram”
- Best Female Dubbing 2004 (Voice of Kamalinea Mukherjee)
- Best Female Singer 2003 for the movie “Athade Oka Sainyam”
- The best dubbing actress in 2002 for the movie “Jayam”
- Best Female Singer 1999 for the movie “Antha Rangaalu”
- 2014: Telugu Best Female Singer for the song “Em Sandehamledu”
- Best Female Singer (Kannada) 2010 for “O Priyatham”
- Nominated for Best Female Singer (Telugu) 2009 for the song “Neela”.
- 2019: NGO I Stand For The Nation Vishishta Seva Puraskar
- California Legislature Certificate of Recognition, 2013.
- The state government awarded Lata Mangeshkar the best female singer in 2011.
- Ghantasala Melody Queen Award 2011.
- 2003: European Telugu Association, London, Best Player Award
Sunitha Upadrashta Net Worth in 2023
Sunitha is a well-known face in South Indian films, especially among music lovers. Although her actual net worth is unclear, she was said to have amassed a fortune of more than $5 million as of August 2023. Her earnings come from singing, voice acting, theater productions, endorsements, TV appearances, and touring.
Sunitha Upadrashtas Husband, Marriage
Sunitha married her husband Kiran at the age of 19. They divorced and are no longer a couple. They have two children together: Aakash (born 1997) and Shreya (born 2001). (born in 1998).
Sunitha confirmed her engagement to her longtime boyfriend Ram Krishna Veerapaneni in December 2020. The couple tied the knot on 9 January 2021 in a private ceremony attended by only family and close friends.
also visit thetalkstoday.com